Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, August 28, 2017

"Let Go" Is The Way To "Know"


"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands." (Psalm 138:8)

"The Lord [Jesus] will perfect..,"----- not me.

The Word for, "perfect," means, "end, complete, accomplish, cease."  Our Lord Jesus does this.  He, "complete[s], accomplish[es] that which concerns [you and] me."  I cannot be in what some call "His perfect will" if I keep on walking in my imperfect will, my attempts to, "....perfect that which concerns me."

Yet we do have that old "do-it-myself" tendency in us.  The Word of God Himself says to you and me, "Let go," or, "cease striving and know that I am God."  The only way you and I can really know that the Living Triune God is God is by our, "Let go."  It seems to me that as long as I "hang on" to doing things my way or just doing life period, I can never see just how God Himself is God.  The Bible is full of examples of this principle.  Jesus can only, "....perfect that which concerns me," when I stop attempting to do it.  The Word of  God Himself tells us that His, "mercy...endures forever."  And when the psalmist prays, "Do not forsake the works of Your hands," notice that it is, "....the works of YOUR hands," not mine.

So here's what I received today from our text: When I live a life of total surrender to Jesus Christ, He promises me, He is committed to me to, "....perfect, complete, accomplish that which concerns me...."  How about this?  If we want our lives to be "perfect," stop attempting to make it so, and see what Jesus can do with our lives.

Father, in Jesus'  Name, I pray that You never perfect my will, my ideas, my anything.  I pray that You only, "perfect that which concerns..," Your Will, Your purposes in me.  Amen.
**************************
* Sarah is doing some better.  Thanks to any who prayed and please pray with us to the "conclusion of the matter.
* Germany Mission coming closer.  Would appreciate any prayers for all the needs.
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive