Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, May 5, 2017

Sam And I, Pittsburgh March of Remembrance

"Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have strengthened the feeble knees; but now it comes upon you, and you are weary; it touches you, and you are troubled." (Job 4, 4, 5)

The main difference between Sam and me is that my mother and siblings were not killed in a death camp.  Sam lost his mother, siblings and a nephew in Auschwitz.  I simply cannot imagine having to watch Sarah, our children and grandchildren marching off to the gas chambers.  Yet hundreds of thousands had to.  "Pain" simply cannot describe the Holocaust.

The word, "weary," in our text could not describe Sam's suffering, nor that of Job.  The Word translated, "troubled," can be translated, "disturbed, dismayed."  The dictionary says that "dismay" can mean "to dishearten thoroughly" or, to have "the break down of courage."  I don't know about all of this, but I do know that it sounds like me 47 years ago.  But I need not repeat more.

The first of Job's "friends" to speak to him did say something that is true, and, a very real danger which can face us all.  As we know, Job was a man approved of God.  Because of what we know about him, Job undoubtedly had been a man who had, "strengthened the feeble knees...."  I had; perhaps you have.  But The Enemy does not sit idly by while we go about serving others.  His purpose is to destroy those who, "follow the Lamb wherever He goes."  He knows that he cannot destroy, "the Lamb"; he tried once.  So, the mission of him and his forces is to attempt the destruction of the Church.

Since Job was certainly, as God says of him, "My servant," we know that deep suffering comes to those who love Jesus; our King Jesus never said otherwise.  Yet we see in Job that the Blessed Trinity did not reject Job because Job was, "weary,..troubled, disturbed, dismayed," even, "disheartened thoroughly," and had a, "break down of courage."  Believe me, I understand these words and "life-description" completely, and so do some of you.  But Job "hung in there."  He never quit, never gave in, never gave up.  Remember these Words always and may our Lord Jesus Christ, by His grace and mercy, help us to make these Words our words, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." !! 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I affirm and agree and pray to live by, "Though He slay me, yet will I TRUST Him."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2


-----Original Message-----
From: Woody <Sforest@aol.com>
To: sforest <sforest@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2017 4:26 pm






Sent from my iPad

Blog Archive