Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

"In All This...."

"In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong." (Job 1:22)

What is your, "In all this," today?

In a film of years ago, there was a scene when two policemen were talking about their lives.  One said, "God hates me, that's what it is."  The other responded, "Hate Him back; it works for me."  This is the sad epitaph of so many.

I thought today as I read Job 1 that this was a "personal holocaust."  His life's philosophy could have turned into the bitterness of that policeman.  In one day Job had lost all of his children, possessions, business.  The pain was unimaginable.  Yet, "In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong."  Far too many people, "....charge (can be translated, 'blame, designate') God..," for their, "In all of this," the great "whys" of life.

Someone once asked me, "Why?"  All I could do was slowly shake my head.  But I'm still in Jesus and He in me.  Job was confused, yes.  There was a sort of loss-ness in Job.  Based on what I have heard over my life time, if anyone had a reason to blame God for his life's misery, it would have been Job.  But there was, yes, the Redemptive Work of the Cross in Job.  He had, as Enoch, been, "walk[ing] with God."  Job's was a life of, "Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to Thy Cross I cling."

What about anyone reading this today?  Is there any of the, "blame God," in you.  Now to keep up a good spiritual show, no one would ever admit to this; yet, it can be deep.  But join me today, my friend, and realize that though there is so much we cannot answer when someone says, "Why?", either about their life or our own, we can continue to, "trust in, rely on," continually surrender to and follow Our Lord Jesus Christ. Besides, as the "big fisherman" once said, "To Whom would we go?"

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Jesus paid it all; all to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain.  He washed it white as snow."  Thank You, Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive