Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 9, 2017

"They...Did Not Find The Body...."

"Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."  (Luke 24:3, From today's Gospel reading)

Upon this statement rests the whole of what you and I believe.  If this is not true, there is just nothing else in our brief existence on this planet which matters.  "We are of all men most miserable."

Now do I believe this with my mind?  No------- and neither do you.  You and I and no one of our species who has ever lived or will ever live can comprehend the Godhead, nor anything which He has done, right up to this moment, and all moments to come in this age.  What and how I do believe is, "....that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written...."  If you and I attempt to, "....think beyond what is written...," we are literally "out of our league."  I can say for myself that if I try, "....to think beyond what is written...," I then I become as a fool, just as those fools whom we all observe, not only many of those who are around us in our daily existence, but also those fools with their degrees, their "expertise," and "foremost authority" status.  Fools all, that is, if they live a life style of, "...think beyond what is written...."

I believe Jesus is alive, present here with and in me, because, "God-Breathed," Words tell me that, "Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."  Think about it, try to "feel" it, and you will get lost.  Accept it, and we are of the Redeemed, the saved, those described by our Lord Jesus, "If any man serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also."  I don't understand first, then follow.  I follow first, "....they...did not find the body...," then, and only then, whatever understanding I need, Jesus' gives.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am glad, "....they...did not find the body...."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive