Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

"My Times...."

"My times are in Your hand...." (Psalm 31:15a)

As I read and listened to these Words this morning, there was such joy and peace.  There is probably no greater realization in life, and, no greater peace than when one comes to this conclusion.  In essence, Here is my life; it's Yours, Lord Jesus.

Without this "break through," our times are in our own hands.  We plan, we worry, we scheme.  Maybe it's the reason American culture has medications today which our parents and grandparents never heard or thought of.  Most live:  "My times are in my hands."  What a terrible alone-ness this must bring.

"My times":  When one continually surrenders his/her life to Jesus, "My times," in reality becomes, Your times.  I no longer consider my life my own, mine to governed, mine to control.  Jesus, You are Lord, King, the Master of my will, my life.  Every decision, every worry, every uncertainty are Yours, Lord Jesus.

Can I encourage you today to just repeat our text with me, to repeat and pray for its realization in our lives?  "My times are in Your hand."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Amen.   

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive