Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 1, 2016

"....You, O Lord Are [My] Shield"

"But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One Who lifts up my head."  (Psalm 3:3)

Our text is the basis of a song which came out sometime in the 80s I think.  It's great.  I have been digging out some of the songs which I first heard hears ago.  The Church needs to be as the scribe of which our Lord Jesus speaks who, "....brings out of his treasure things new and old."  I have been playing the horn and singing with some of them using some accompaniment cds I have----glorious worship and intercession.

In a hostile world, a world which would rather live without you and me, without the Followers of Jesus, our text is a great promise and solid rock upon which to live each day.  Every day we wake up and go out our doors you and I can say, pray, declare, "But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One Who lifts up my head."

Father, in Jesus' Name, and I so do thank You that You Are my, "Shield."  Amen.
*****************
Three new posts worthy of your examination at:   jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive