Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

"Let The Wicked Fall Into Their Own Nets"








"Keep me (and my nation) safe from the traps set by evildoers....Let the wicked (in my nation) fall into their own nets, while I (my family, Your Church) pass by in safety."  (Psalm 141:9, 10--NIV)

Prayed Psalms 141-145 this morning.  As I mostly do, I prayed them for myself, family, the Church, which includes you, and the nations.  I am praying many of the Psalms for the United States of America.  This "recounting" of the election results is nothing but the effort of humanists to drag America further into the abyss.

I had a dream over the Thanksgiving.  I won't go into the details, but in that dream I encountered Oral Roberts and he looked right at me with a stern look and said, "Spend 6 hours a day with Dave."  I know; crazy, right?  Not a "proper" name, but a nickname.  The only conclusion I have been able to come to is that it was possibly a reference to David.  And, of course, we know that David was an intercessor/worshiper/pray-er.  Six hours a day?  I got out the horn today, which I used to do, and began to walk in something of what the dream may be about, worship, intercession.  Jesus said to Ezekiel, "Indeed you are to them as a very lovely song of one who has a pleasant voice and can play well on an instrument...."  Regardless, there is certainly a precedent here.  I used to sing the Psalms, play the horn, then worship, pray.  Sorry for the personal reference here, but I really believe there is something much more here than just a "word" to me.

I don't know the full extent of what is going on in the US right now, but I can tell you that the Enemy of mankind never gives up the fight.  People may grow weary in the fight, but he never does, nor do his henchmen.  Was my dream a warning of things to come?  Could America descend into a "banana republic"?  Or was the sound trouncing the humanists took in this last election an indication of "things to come?"  Is revival on the horizon?  Did the Church in the US finally "wake up?"  President-Elect, Trump, was not my first choice, even my second, but his election does reveal one thing.  Very many Americans are fed up and disgusted with the direction in which the nation has been going.

Jesus is, "The Word of God."  You know that, don't you?  When we pray Jesus' Words, there is a very real sense in which we are praying our Lord Jesus Christ "into" all settings, His Reign, His Purposes, His Will.  Thanksgiving Day here in the US was Psalm 119 day, and I just cannot get over how absolutely powerful a prayer is Psalm 119.  If you are going through turmoil in these days, if you are, "weary and heavy laden," Jesus says, "Come to Me."  I strongly believe that, "Come to Me," is rooted in, "Come to Me," and My Words."  And when we do, "You shall find rest for your souls."  All prayer, all worship, all missions, all everything is only powerful to the extent that we are absolutely committed and surrendered to, "the Words of God," as those of whom our Lord Jesus spoke, those who, "....come[] to Me and hear[] my Words and puts them into practice,.." those, "....who d[i]g down deep and la[y] the foundation on rock."  This is "Blessed Assurance."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "O for grace" and strength to walk in Your Words.  Amen.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive