Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

There Is A "Carefulness" We Must Have

"Be assured that my words are not false; one who has perfect knowledge is with you."  (Job 36;4, NIV)

The NLT says, "....for I am a man of great knowledge."
  The Message says, "I learned all of this firsthand from the Source....Trust me, I'm giving you undiluted  truth; believe me, I know these things inside and out."  The CEB says, "One with total knowledge is present with you."

Every time I read through Job I have to listen to this self righteous young man chide Job.  I have referred to this before, but these last couple of days, reading his impudent accusations against the only one of the 5 "combatants" of whom the Lord God says, "spoke of Me what is right," is always off-putting.  Since it is in The Book, however, I realize there is a lesson here for us all.

Most of us have been accosted, at one time or another, by people who know everything we need to know about spirituality.  You can not share with them something they don't already know, and/or they instruct you in spiritual matters as though you know either little or nothing at all.  I pray I never "come off" like that.  This does not mean that we should not speak with conviction, that we should not have a certainty about our walk of faith in Jesus Christ, nor total trust and faith in, "the Words of God."  It is, rather, an attitude thing.

James says that, "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."  This is Jesus, Who is, "the Wisdom of God."  In like manner, this should be you and I.  I know that this has not always been my profile, and as I read of a young man who had the nerve to instruct another who, incidentally, forgot what that young man thought he knew, I pray a constant "attitude check."  Snoopy's book on theology had the "perfect title.  Has It Ever Occurred to You That You May Be Wrong?"

Father, in Jesus' Name, You have shown me, "what is good:...to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."  May this be I.  Amen.
*****************

They may want to rethink the whole vote recount thing:   jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive