Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 8, 2016

"Angels We Have Heard On High"

"And it came to  those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus (the 'President' of Rome) that all the world should be registered....So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city."  (Luke 2:1 & 3)

"Gloria In Excelsis Deo"  (Glory to God in the Highest")






KTBTIB Nottingham has shared a video with you on YouTube


Angels We Have Heard On High
















Now I know I'm probably the only one who ever wonders at times just why Jesus works His works in the way He works His works.  Take our text for an example.  Couldn't Father have had Joseph move to Bethlehem to get a new clientele for his business instead of using a totalitarian government to come up with some tax scheme which got Joseph and Mary to Bethlehem, and all of this to fulfill some ancient prophecy?  And the answer is?--  Of course.  I have no doubt that it was the Holocaust which got the Jews to finally come to their senses about their Homeland.  Did I say that God caused the Holocaust?  No.  Did I say that God allowed the Holocaust?  No, because I just don't know.  I do know, however, that the Blessed Trinity causes, "....all things [to] work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to purpose."

I also know and appreciate that there is truth in the old saying, "God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform."  And there is a certain "mysteriousness" about the Living Triune God which we will never understand in this life, perhaps ever, even in the Eternal Realm.  There are things which have been going on in the past year both here in the United States and around the world which have not only the "world," but also Christendom, even those, "born of the Spirit," still attempting to figure out.

So today I just sing with the enclosed carol, "Gloooooooooo,  ooooooooo, ooooooo, oria, in excelsis Deo.  Come to Bethlehem and see Him Whose birth the angels sing; Come, adore on bended knee Christ, the Lord, the New-Born King."
    Gloria in excelsis Deo!"  


Father, in Jesus' Name, I that You for what I can "come and see."  Amen

Blog Archive