Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

"He Remembers"

"He remembers His covenant forever, the word which He commanded, for a thousand generations...."  (Psalm 105:8)

Our Wonderful, "Forever," God.  "His covenant," is, "His Word," period.  Can we say that Jesus is, not "a man of his word," rather, "The Man of His Word"?  And remember, "Jesus remembers His.... Word...for a thousand generation," which is another way of saying, "forever."

I found myself saying over and over to our Lord today, "I just don't understand."  I was not talking about my life, what's going on in the US and around the world, the "whys" of people who are having difficulty with liking how our Lord Jesus Christ "does things."  I was talking about the Universe, life on Planet Earth, how He works in history, is working now.  Maybe after all these years I am in a "good place."  There is so much about life which I do not understand, yet I not only accept that, but glory in it.  I know that, "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and they who dwell in it," and rejoice in Him, in Father, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit.

I pray you are "there" also.  It's not a daffy cop out of life.  Perhaps that, "peace which passes understanding," is really the, "peace," of which the Holy Spirit speaks, "He," viz., Jesus, "is our Peace."  It's not a peace of having figured everything out, nor having "whys" answered.  It is the, "Peace," of Being, His Being in our being.  The hymn writer was not "casting his fate to the win" when he penned, "It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."  His enough-ness was Jesus.  Is yours?

"The Blessed Trinity remembers...."  It is a classic understatement.  He says in His Words elsewhere, "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have c0mpassion on the son of her wombSurely they may forget, yet I will not forget you."  Do you know what we as the Church need a renewal in?  We need to have a renewal in a remembering "anointing," a remembering of our text, Jesus' Words, Jesus' Faithfulness, that Jesus is the One Who eternally, "....remembers His covenant.., the Word which He commanded, for a thousand generations."  Maybe Jesus is saying to those who will listen, "I've got this."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I like it that I just stand in awe of You, that I can be as Isaac, who went out into the field in the evening to, "meditate."  Glorious peace.  Amen.
************************
* Heading to DC tomorrow morning early to pray in the US Congressional Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, aka, The Helsinki Commission, and OSCE, as well as the Supreme Court and White House.
* If there would be some interested in a get together to talk about "current events" before the coming US elections, I could arrange a meeting place and time.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive