Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 26, 2016

"When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion, we were like those who dream.  Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing."  (Psalm 126:1-2a)

Do you remember that day you surrendered your life to Jesus?  I pray you can.  Jesus, in His Most Precious Blood, brought you and me out of the captivity of sin and bondage to the "prince of darkness."  Jesus, "put a new song in my mouth."  After perhaps many years have gone by, is your, "mouth [still] filled with laughter, and [your] tongue with singing"?

If you received Jesus many years ago, or just in recent years, if makes no difference.  There is still a, "like those who dream," about the encounter, and for me, His daily faithfulness is a continual marvel.  If heartache, pain, or just getting older has diminished that song, dust it off.  Sing again.  Let Jesus again fill you, "with laughter...and singing."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that there is never a reason to lose the, "laughter...and singing."  You are my Song.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive