Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I Had A Dream

"For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."  (1 Corinthians 3:11)

Not sure if I ever shared this before.  It had to be 30 or 40 years ago I had a dream which I shall never forget.  I was standing on a pile of dirt above a foundation of a building.  Jesus was down at the bottom of the foundation of that building and running His hands along the very bottom of the foundation.  I was attempting to get Jesus to look at the building, but He would not look at the building.  I would try to show Him how wonderful the building was, but He just kept running His hands along the masonry.

When I awoke, the dream did not take any "interpretation."  What you and I are so interested so much of the time, Jesus is not.  I had the impression that the building in the dream had been there for some time, and one could wonder, "Why would you check the foundation, if the building has been standing for many years?"  Really, you want to ask that question?  Just look at institutions today, churches, school systems, governments.  If you look at just these institutions over the last 150 years, those of 150 years ago would wonder what planet they were on if they could see the "fruit of their labors."  There is a television show, "Love It or List It."  The premise is that you either fix it up or get rid of it.  In America, I think the latter has been chosen.

This is not only true for institutions, but also true of your life and mine.  When is the last time you "ran your hands" along the foundation of your "house?"  There are things in my house which go back to childhood, things which our Lord Jesus have forgiven, "dealt with," changed in me.  Yes, there are "scars" which are not removed.  Scars are reminders to check the foundation.  While we all have scars of the "past life," the sin root, the sickness, "taken away."  One cannot read the Bible and escape the need for foundation checking.  Hebrews says, "Consider Jesus."  This command is a command to visit the foundation.  These were not new believers to whom the Holy Spirit says this.  Later He says, "For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise."

"Where" is Jesus in your life and mine?  Is Jesus central, foundational, glorified in everything in and about us?  Are we still as dependent upon Jesus as we were when we first surrendered our lives to Him, "....No other foundation..."? 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You for so great a, "Foundation."  Amen.
*********************
Leave for DC tomorrow morning at 08:30

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive