Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 7, 2016

A New Take On An Oft Quote

"Keep my commands and live, and my law as the apple of your eye." (Proverbs 7:2)

Over my life time, I have heard many people quote many times the verse in Zechariah 2:8, "....He who touches you touches the apple of His eye."  Great.  I too love this passage.  What great comfort to know that you and I are the, "apple of [Jesus'] eye."  Everywhere the Living Triune God "looks," His People are the center of His "vision."  What I have never heard from anyone, however, including me, is What/Whom should be the, "apple of []our eye."  We are a self-centered people, are we not?

"Keep my...law as the apple ('pupil') of your eye," viz., as the center of my eye, as the focus, as the most important pursuit of life.  "The apple of your eye," means something which is a "treasured possession."  Proverbs 4:4 says, "Let your heart hold fast my words"; the KJV says, "Let your heart retain My Words."  The "result" is the same in our text as in the 4:4 passage, "....and live."  When will we all learn that there is just no life apart from Jesus, Who is, "the Life," and His Words, Which are, "and live"?

So, humanity, you want to, "live," do you, I mean, more than just breathe and exist as the animals?  Well, here's the key, "Keep My commands and live, and my law as the apple of your eye."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for this revelation.  Amen.
**********************
Berlin Mission: October, 2016

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive