Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

"I Am With You, Even.................."

"And Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of lifeHe who comes to me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.'"  (John 6:35)

When I used to make pastoral calls in homes, whether of Believers or unbelievers, this passage I probably read more than any other.  It is a "classic" for both Believers and unbelievers, for Global Humanity.

At least 23 times, just in the Gospel of John alone, Jesus says, "In me," not "in church," or "in marriage," or "in family," or "in work, recreation, nights out."  These all can be a part of life, but one can live without any of them.  Just think of the millions over the centuries who have suffered imprisonment, sent into exile, experienced a broken-hearted rejection by not only family, but also Christendom in many cases.  They survived because of, "I am the Bread of lifeHe who comes to me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.  No other pursuit, people or things, can fulfill that promise in you and me, in anyone. 

John was apparently selected by the Godhead to pass on to you and me the great, "I Am," claims of Jesus.  As far as I know, no religion of the world, "great" or otherwise, has such a leader or teaching which make such outrageous claims as, "Before Abraham was, I Am....I am the light of the worldHe who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life....I am the resurrection and the lifeHe who believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."

In one of the Psalms I read this morning, the writer said, "By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother's womb."  In Psalm 22, David says, "I was cast upon You from birthFrom my mother's womb You have been My God."  That settles it, my friend.  We just cannot get away from the Blessed, Living Triune God. "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformedAnd in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."  This is here something of the, "I Am," mystery, perhaps a little further revelation of before, during, and after sustenance, provision, care. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for Being my, "I Am."  Amen.
************************
Look with whom "Black Lives Matter" has allied themselves.  Read at:    jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive