Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Who Sees You?

"Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, You-Are-The-God-Who-Sees; for she said, 'Have I also here seen Him who sees me?'"  (Gen. 16:13)

The NIV says, "You are the God Who sees me...."

Every new year reminds us of the uncertainties of life.  Just think of how much you planned for previous years and how many of those plans had to be altered/canceled.  Perhaps one of life's greatest anxieties is uncertainty.

"You are the God Who sees me...."  That was enough for Hagar, and it should be enough for you and me.  "You are the God Who sees me...," is all the "direction" we need.  Prophesy is not meant to be some sort of trip to a medium, though if you were to attend some religious gatherings you could get that impression.  Saul was in deep trouble after his life of disobedience and went to a medium to get answers.  It only brought further condemnation.  Abraham, on the other hand, walked in obedience to, "The Word of God," Jesus.  He had no idea that his two sons would live throughout the centuries in almost constant war.  He had no idea about the "good king-bad king" history of Israel, the captivity, Israel in the diaspora from 70 AD to 1948 AD.  Any "person of God" accepts that he/she does not know absolute certainty of the future.  Yet as Abraham's life was driven by, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad," literally, "He rejoiced in order that he might see My day," you and I should be walking in the same rejoicing.

"He rejoiced in order that," reveals rejoicing, praising, perhaps even giving of thanks for what we do not yet see, what we cannot understand nor know with that human "certainty" which is unattainable, as the "key to life."  We don't know what we many times think we "have to" know, yet we rejoice.  We don't know, yet we know with certainty that, "You are the God Who sees me."  Jesus, "sees me,...will never leave me nor forsake me,...is preparing, "a place for you."  Remember: Jesus did not teach us to pray, "Thy Kingdom come.  Thy will be known."  It is, "Thy Kingdom comeThe will be DONE."  The truth that Jesus is, "....the God Who sees me," even when you and I cannot see what He is doing is great comfort.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "You are the God Who sees me...."  What more could I ask?!?  Amen.
**************************************
Attorney General and Members are at it again:      jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive