Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I Had A Most Unusual Experience This Morning


"He will set up a banner for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."  (Isaiah 11:12)

I never have to look for texts to comment on.  Every day's readings are more than I can handle.

Some of today's US ships have the Phalanx CIWS, a sort of modern Gatling Gun.  I pity the poor souls or weapon on the receiving end of this thing.  This gun can not only take out incoming planes and fast moving boats, but also high speed missiles.  This is how I found myself praying today for, well, everything.  It was as though I could see in my mind rapid frames of images, my family, you who receive this, supporters, brethren in other countries, the domestic and global political chaos, etc.  You may say it was a sort of frustration, but I rather think it was my spirit praying in the Holy Spirit.  Our text inspired it.

Jesus Christ is our God of, "from the four corners of the earth."  To say Jesus has us covered is a gross understatement.  The Living Triune God has been releasing His "Phalanx CIWS" since the Garden.  Nothing in your life or mine can get through this massive, rapid response and initiating weapon.  "The weapons of our warfare," are not like the weapons of the Enemy, nor his servants.  They simply cannot stand up against our, "King of kings, and Lord of lords."  Remember: "No weapon formed against you shall prosper."

I received a prayer request about a great Brother in Christ in Pittsburgh; this is how I prayed.  I thought of you; this is how I prayed.  I thought of, excuse me, the World; this is how I prayed.  I thought of Israel and, "He will set up a banner for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."  This is how I prayed.

Join me in a resolve for this year and, indeed, the rest of our sojourn here, to remember our "Phalanx CIWS."  I believe strongly that it is praying in our spirits in the Holy Spirit, yes, praying in unknown tongues.  Greek scholars tell us that is exactly what happened on the Day of Pentecost as recorded in Acts 2.  The Followers of Jesus were speaking in unknown languages/tongues, not any language of any people group.  The "miracle of Pentecost" is while the 120 were speaking (worshipping?) in the Holy Spirit, our Holy Spirit had the crowd simply hear them in their languages.  And notice that they were not "preaching," giving an altar call, or "teaching."  It was simply, "....we hear them speaking in our own tongues the WONDERFUL WORKS OF GOD."  That sounds like a great Phalanx CIWS praise gathering.  What a set up for what was to follow.

I greatly believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was/is encouraging you and me in our daily sojourn on this Planet.  Humanity is like the Stock Markets, fearful of every little piece of bad news; it's pathetic.  You and I are not of such pathetic fear and hopelessness.  We are people of Jesus, Wielder and Giver of the Divine Phalanx CIWS.

Father, in Jesus' Name, GLORY.  Amen. 
******
Please pray with us about this year's Berlin Mission

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive