Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 31, 2015

"And I Hope You Come Back Soon"

"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me....And the Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!'  And let him who hears say, 'Come!'...Amen Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

While praying before our meal yesterday, our soon-to-be 5 year old prayed, "and I hope you come back soon."  I close 2015 sharing those great words with you.

And if there are any who read our text and are tempted to think, "Well, it has not been, 'quickly.' It's been 2000 years," I say, That is very (excuse me) dumb reasoning.  "....With the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."  Those who mock at this response just reveal what "manner of spirit" they are of.  People of Jesus think in Jesus' terms, His Heart, His Mind.  We don't think and reason as do others.  When we find ourselves so tempted, we need to repent and confess that we were foolish to think as the unregenerate.  "Deliver us from the evil one," is a great prayer to pray every day.  Otherwise, his "reasonings" will destroy us.

I pray that this coming year will find us as the People of Jesus Christ who have His Heart, a people continually praying and believing the request of our granddaughter, "and I hope you come back soon." 

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive