Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Where...?....Where...?

"Where can I go from Your SpiritOr where can I flee from Your presence?" (Psalm 139:7

It is very dark, cold, windy and rainy here in Johnstown now.  It depresses some, but not me.  Why? "....Your Presence," just as in what Jesus said to Father, "I in them, and You in Me....Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory...."  Reality 101:  Jesus in you and me, Father in Jesus, Jesus in Father, Father in you and me, Holy Spirit in Father and Jesus, the Godhead in us.  If, as the song says, "rainy days and Mondays always get me down," this is the Curative Breath of the Blessed Trinity.  

Now I know that the psalmist was not wanting to, "go," or, "flee," though perhaps in the Uriah and Bathsheba fall, he may have considered it deeply.  His wording, however, seems to be just a way of stating the wonderful reality of the Eternal Presence of the Godhead (Remember those theological words, "Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresence?")  My mind does not, and I suspect will never be able to, comprehend such wonderful truth, indeed, as David said, "Such knowledge is too wonderful me; it is high, I cannot attain it."  Yet right here, right now, right there in your room is, "Your Spirit," viz., God Himself, and, "Your presence," again, God Himself. 

The word translated, "presence," is literally, "face"; hence, "....Where can I flee from Your face?"  What intimacy David speaks of, as the Bible says, "....the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."  The whole Psalm 139 is a marvelous declaration of our Lord Jesus Christ's all encompassing Presence, Love, Care.  "You know my sitting down and rising up.... You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me....You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb....Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed."  According to Psalm 139, Jesus was aware of your presence long, long before you and I were aware of His.  Not only did the Godhead "know" of us and love us before we surrendered our lives to Him, but He also "knew" us before we were even born.  "Such knowledge is too...high, I cannot attain it."

Father, in Jesus' Name, well, just overwhelmed, as usual.  Amen.
****************
Please pray with us about our next mission to Berlin.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive