Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, October 29, 2015

"I Will Extol Thee, My God and King...Forever and Ever"


"Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom ('a kingdom of all ages'), and Thy dominion endureth throughout all generations." (Psalm 145:13, KJV)

Psalm 145 day-of-the-month.  I never tire of reading, confessing, and listening to this Psalm, or any other, for that matter.  I did read allowed and listen to Scourby read it, only because I have memorized much of the Psalm in the KJV.  Okay, enough of my personal peculiarities.

Seven times David declares what he will do:
           1.   "I will extol Thee, my God, O King ('my God and King')
           2.  I will bless Thy Name for ever and ever   
         
3.  Every day will I bless Thee;
           4.  I will praise Thy Name for ever and ever
           5.  I will speak of the glorious honour of Thy majesty, and of Thy wondrous                                                     works
           6.  I will declare Thy greatness
           7.  My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord"

I can honestly say that the greatest "blessings" I ever received from gatherings of the Church were not the times when I was the center of the "message," but those times when Jesus Christ, His Kingdom, "the honour of His majesty, His, "wondrous works," His, "greatness," were declared in the spirit of, "I will extol Thee, my God and King, and I will bless Thy name forever and ever."

"Every day will I bless Thee."  A psalmist says in another place, "seven times a day I praise Thee."  And Brother Lawrence would add, "Every second of the day and night I praise you."  Continual, "Every day will I bless Thee," is the glorious privilege we have in Jesus.  He Who brings, "so great a salvation," He Who alone can grant the forgiveness by which we can have, "boldness to enter the Holiest, by the Blood of Jesus," is the One Who created us for, "every day," and, "forever and ever," Life.  Jesus' Blood, "the Blood of His Cross," Jesus' Death, Jesus' Resurrection, Jesus' Ascension, Jesus', "I go to prepare a place for you," and Jesus' Second Appearing, "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also," this glorious Gospel, Who is Jesus, is our sustenance, our joy, our life, Eternal Life, "forever and ever."

Such thoughts, such worship, such affirmation, such reminder just blesses the moment, the day, or for however 'long" I determine to live and walk in, "I will extol Thee, my God and King, and I will bless Thy Name forever and ever"----- and ever and ever and...................................

Father, in Jesus' Name, I only add today my, Amen.
             
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive