Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 13, 2015

"You...Are My Fortress...On Whom I Can Rely"

"You are my strength, I watch for You; You, God, are my fortress, my God on Whom I can rely."  (Psalm 59:9, 10a--NIV)

I have been going through the Bible in the NIV.  Look at this:
    "You are my strength....
    I watch for You....
    You...are my fortress....
    You...are my...God...."
The Living Triune God is, "my strength,..my fortress,..my God."  My victory is in a continual life of, "I watch for You."

I can say that if you and I have such conviction and live/act in that conviction, victory is guaranteed.  There is no one and nothing who/which can match such statements.  Indeed, it is all about, "You, You, You, You," and the, "You," is the Living Triune God, manifest to humanity and the universe solely in Jesus, whom the first century Nazarenes referred to as, "the carpenter's Son."  

A friend of mine and I were sharing after our Church service yesterday, and were recounting the faithfulness of Jesus to him and me over our life time.  As I read today's text, Jesus reminded me of the powerful Truth/Faithfulness, "on Whom I can rely," He Has Been, Is, and will continue to Be.  Yes, there have been times when this was "tested."  But here we are, still with life's provision, dwelling in, relying on, clinging to, trusting in, "You...are my...God on Whom I can rely

I say with Paul today, "....that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the deadHe has delivered us from...peril, and He will deliver us againOn Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I continually say, "Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me."  Amen.
**************************
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive