Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

To Whom/What Do We Listen?

"But you [Daniel, who was now over ninety years of age], go your way until the end for you shall rest and shall stand [fast] in your allotted place at the end of the days."  (Daniel 12:13, Amplified Bible)

We can see perhaps why at one point Daniel said, "I...fainted and was sick [for several] daysAfterward I rose up and did the king's business; and I wondered at the vision, but there was no one who understood it or could make it understood" (8:27).  In the next chapter, however, he said, "I...understood from the books (Scriptures, NIV)."  By the way, O, how I pray that I will never be too old to say, "....I rose up and did the King's business."  !!


I wrote about this some years ago, but I want to repeat.  The only remedy for, "....
but there was no one who understood it...," is to, "underst[an]d from the books."  This is not only true for prophecy; it is true for all of life.  We can go to counselors, listen to pundits, hear many sermons and teaching, but we will never understand until we can say with Daniel, "I...understood from the Scriptures."

We have so many wonderful tools today, tools which I have incorporated over the last 45 years to keep the Words of Jesus ever before me.  And you may recall that it has been Jesus and His Words which have kept me in Him, in life, in some sort of "right mind" for these past 45 years. 

I remember first the Bible on LP albums, then cassette tapes, then CDs, then sources like BibleGateway.  I even have Scourby's reading of the Bible on my ipod and phone, neither of which need any connection to any other device.  Take advantage of them.  I promise you that there will be at an ever-increasing rate, "....
but there was no one who understood it or could make it understood."  Many who think they do--- don't. 

We are an age of media overload.  So much information available on a literal 24/7 basis.  It seems to me like a track meet, viz., many different thin gs going on at the same time.  People want to watch one event, but another event in which they are also interested is going on at the same time.  You and I need focus as never before.  My "logo" below is only possible when we are a people who, "underst[an]d from the Books/Scriptures."  Put that great radio in your vehicle to a good work!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I cannot say it any better than You, "
Your word is a lamp to my feet."  Amen.
*************
Come join me at David's Tent, September 18-22


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive