Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, June 12, 2015

"Do You Believe This?"

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the lifeHe who believes in Me, though he may die, yet he shall liveAnd whoever lives and believes in Me shall never dieDo you believe this?'" (John 11:25, 26)

"Jesus said to her," and He continually says the same to you and me.  The question still remains, however, "Do you believe this?"

It was 45 years ago today.  Nothing has changed in me.  The sorrow and loss are still the same as that moment 45 years ago when Stephen Paul left us, indeed, for "a better place," but a void in me never to be filled in this life, only when "The Trumpet Sounds"!

As I stood at the graveside ceremony a couple days later, there in the midst of grave stones almost as far as the eye could see, and at that point in our family there was only the grave marker of my Grandpa Barnette just a few yards away, the Word of Jesus in our text rang deep and powerful and sustaining, just as He does today.  Ironically, I was a day behind in my reading, and it was this very day, June 12, 2015, that I read our text.  There is just nothing else one can say. 

On this historic day for Sarah and me, I pray that you too find in Jesus and His Words what we find continually.  There is no other life, indeed, there is no life at all apart from Jesus, Who is, "....the Life."

Father, in Jesus' Name, understanding is not what I can receive, just You and Your Words---- and thank You so much for You.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive