Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Definition of True And False

"But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great."  (Acts 8:9)

Greatness is not determined by what a person does, but by who he is.  "My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth."  It is, "truth," which is the governance here.

I have discovered over the years that a person can appear very sincere, perhaps even be sincere in themselves, but as Billy Graham once said, "be sincerely wrong," not just theologically, but as a life style.  This was the premise of the late Don Basham in his book, True and False Prophets.  Don stated that it was not primarily theology and ministry "style" which determined a "false prophet," but his morality.  In other words, one could preach correct theology, heal the sick, cast out demons, feed the poor, in short, do everything which seems so "true" and good, yet could himself/herself be so false and bad.  Or, to put it another way,
the "true" is not manifest in how I treat you.  The "true" is manifest in how I treat my wife.

My private life is who I really am, not my devotionals, my sermons, my missions.  If the latter are not done, "in truth," viz., a life rightly related to and in Jesus, it is "false" devotionals, "false" sermons, "false" missions.  Now good may be done in all I do, but that is not what will, "appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ."  3 John 4 says, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth," notice, not "in the truth," but, "in truth."  I may speak the "truth," but that does not make me "true."  Fundamentally, it is being true which brings the approval of our Lord Jesus. 


Father, in Jesus' Name, Holy Spirit, in Your mercy and grace, enable me to, "walk in truth."  Amen.
****************************
"David's Tent" is once again in Washington, DC.  Only this session plans to be over a year in length.  I will go in the fall when I have funds in place.  It is very expensive to stay at a hotel close to the "Tent," but it is just not efficient to stay far away.  If you would like to help finance my involvement in a five day participation in "David's Tent," let me know.  I will let you know of the cost later.    

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive