Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A "Must Read" Scripture at the Conclusion

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust....Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day nor for the pestilence that walketh in the darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday....Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked."  (From Psalm 91, KVJ)

I memorized this Psalm in the KJV during my many missions which began in June of 1976.  Jesus has preserved me in His Words from Nigeria to North Korea, from Russia to Iran, from Morocco to Ceausescu's Romania------------ and beyond.  

There is something about standing in Jesus Christ and His Words, while also standing before guards armed with AK 47s, guard towers, vehicles nearly being torn apart (one time they even took the back seat entirely out of the car), and seemingly ceaseless questions.  This is not machismo; this is the sovereign grace and mercy of Jesus, that during my two hour interrogation in the Leningrad Airport I had that wonderful, "peace which surpasses all
understanding/comprehension."  It was in reality, "Yes, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil."  This was not me on my own.  This was me "on" Jesus Christ. 

I sent to our Blog a video of Ceausescu's capture and his subsequent execution.  It is quite graphic, but it is a literal fulfillment of, "only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked."  Of course there are many "ceausescus" still in the earth.  The "spirit" of such men and women will continue to manifest globally until the end of the age.  I leave you today, therefore, with a wonderful encouraging letter which I received from our Lord Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit via the Apostle Paul.  It is for all who know our Lord Jesus Christ.  There is just no greater prophetic utterance for this current generation.  

"Don't let anyone deceive you by any means whatsoever.  That day will not come before there arises a definite rejection of God and the appearance of the lawless man.  He is the product of all that leads to death, and he sets himself up in opposition to every religion (which includes Islam)....I expect you remember now how I talked about this when I was with youYou will probably also remember how I used to talk about a 'restraining power' which would operate until the time should come for the emergence of this manEvil is already insidiously at work but its activities are restricted until what I have called the 'restraining power' (of God) is removedWhen that happens the lawless man will be plainly seen--though the truth of the Lord Jesus spells his doom, and the radiance of the coming of the Lord Jesus will be his utter destructionThe lawless man is produced by the spirit of evil and armed with all the force, wonders and signs that falsehood can deviseTo those involved in this dying world he will come with evil's undiluted power to deceive, for they have refused to love the truth which could have saved themGod sends upon them, therefore, the full force of evil's delusion, so that they put their faith in an utter fraud and meet the inevitable judgment of all who have refused to believe the truth and who have made evil their play-fellowBut we can thank God continually for you, brothers, whom the Lord lovesHe has chosen you from the beginning to save you, to make you holy by the work of his Spirit and your own belief in the truth." (J. B. Phillips Paraphrase)

"He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming quickly.'  Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus."
*****************
To see the above mentioned video, go to:  jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive