Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 6, 2015

Next Devotional--Probably March 10

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." (Luke 21:33, NIV)

This is my quarterly "stop" in Luke 21.  It contains, in my opinion, one of the most significant prophetic passages of my generation, "Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."  Some do not believe that has happened; I do.  Israel controls all of Jerusalem, yes, even the Temple Mount, home of the pagan, "Dome of the Rock."  I have been there, and even though there is some restricted access to the site by the Arabs, I saw that there is no doubt who really controls it.  One time the Arabs were not going to allow us to enter the area, but Israeli soldiers went to them, spoke some words, and voila, we were allowed.

When I saw Israeli soldiers praying at the Western Wall of the Second Temple in June of 1967, when Jerusalem was in control of the Jews, both "East" and "West," for the first time in over 2500 years, I thought, "Dear Lord Jesus, has the 'time' come.'"  Now I don't want to take up too much of your time today in going on about what I "saw," but in 1970, my Dad and I were in a conference where Morris Cerello prophesied the same thing.  He even went on to say, however, that "Jesus Christ is coming in 'our day.'"  Regardless, I encourage you today and remind you that our text is, "The way and the truth and the life," because it is Words of Him Who is the "God-Breathed" Word, the Incarnation of, "the words of God," even Jesus Christ.  You and I are watching Biblical Prophesy being fulfilled at a more rapid rate than I think even Van Impe realizes.  

v. 8: "Watch out that you are not deceived." 
v. 9: "These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away." 
v. 12: "But before all this...." 
v. 17: "Everyone will hate you because of Me."
 
v. 27: "At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." 
v. 34: "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down...." 
v. 36: "Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may stand before the Son of Man."

The above texts were what "stood out" to me today.  I pray that they will be comfort, caution, warning, confidence-builders in your day today.  I do so encourage you to regular read, "the Words of God," for in those Words is, "The Word of God," Jesus, teaching, warning, comforting, empowering.  You and I are at the center of prophetic, historic happenings, and our Lord Jesus Christ tells you and me, "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your hears, because your redemption is drawing near."

Father, in Jesus' Name, fulfill all these Words in me, and write them in my heart.  Amen.
**********************************
March 9-31 Mission, in obedience to and revelation of Jesus' Words in Luke 21--
ALL PRAYERS GREATLY APPRECIATED.  Please put a sticky note on your frig to remind you O:-)

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive