Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 7, 2014

A Great Reminder On An Important Historic Anniversary


"Also draw out the spear, and stop those who pursue me.  Say to my soul, 'I am your salvation.'" (Psalm 35:3)

This is a "legitimate" prayer because it is a Bible prayer.  The Global Community of the Followers of Jesus need to continually pray this prayer because it applies to absolutely every facet of our lives, political, vocational, educational, economics, etc., and the accompanying reminder that Jesus Christ Alone is, "your salvation."  Remember that the Hebrew word translated here, "salvation," is the word, "Yeshuah," which means "deliverance, help, prosperity, save, security, victories."  Take the word, "salvation," out of the confines of traditional evangelicalism and it is amazing the scope of our, "salvation."

25 years ago this coming Sunday, November 9,  1989, I was in Vienna, Austria.  The news came through that night that the border between East and West Berlin was open; I was stunned.  Really, that for which I had prayed but deep down really did not expect to see it in my life time?  Yes, I had laid hands on the Wall, prayed at the wall as did thousands of others, and countless others throughout the world had prayed for the deliverance of the Church in East Europe.  Now it was a reality.  Within days of the revolutions in East Europe people were preaching on the streets, handing out tracks.  It was a great "season."  

Within a few days of the demise of the Berlin Wall I was in Berlin.  Then a couple of months later I was back in Berlin going unhindered through border crossings, visiting guard towers, watching parts of the Wall still coming down.  President Bush said publicly that the revolutions in Eastern Europe were not political; they were spiritual.  In Czechoslovakia, it started with a prayer meeting of hundreds of thousands in a large open area in Prague.  In Romania, it started with 4000 Followers of Jesus praying for over 24 hours in the rain.  And the stories could go on.  

We too in the United States have recently seen evil leaders removed from key positions.  While the proverbial "verdict is still out," there is a chance in the US now for people who know Jesus and have surrendered their lives to Jesus (some of which I have met personally) to be in very key positions in the US Government.  In it all and through it all, through all of human history, the people who have inevitably triumphed and who will triumph in, "That Day," are not those who look to man or his institutions for salvation, but rather those those who have said to the Lord Jesus Christ, "'Say to my soul,' remind my soul continually, never let my soul forget and never let me cease to say and live by Your great promise, 'I am your salvation.'"

Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive me if for one moment I have not rested in, "I Am your salvation."  Amen.
***************************
Read Article about the 25th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall:  jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive