Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"I Waited Patiently For Jesus; and...."

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined ("extended, stretched out) to me, and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps."  (Psalm 40:1, 2)

Of course He did/does.  That's Who the Living Triune God Is.  That's what He does in Jesus Christ.  From the promise to Adam to the promises of Revelation, the Blessed Trinity tells humanity that no matter what the global situation, no matter the situation in a specific nation, in a city, a work place, a family, just wait, "patiently for...Jesus; and He [will] incline[] to [you]."  He will hear your cry.  He will bring you, "up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay," and, "set [our] feet upon a rock, and establish [our] steps."  

I also read Psalm 37 this morning.  What "outlandish" promises David makes about our Lord God, promises which the person who walks by sight and not by faith would argue with, reason as to how they are just not true, how history concurs with his unbelief.  But you and I are not of such.  Rather, "we do not lose heart.  Even though our outward man is perishing," even though the "natural" mind would reason doubts, even unbelief, you and I stand, stake our lives on the "God-Breathed" Words, "while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.  For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

So this morning I encourage you to also, "....wait[] patiently for the Lord Jesus."  Our "waiting" is never in vain.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Great is Thy Faithfulness."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive