Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, October 9, 2014

"Forever"-- What A Great Word

"As for me, You...set me before Your face forever."  (Psalm 41:12)

You probably think you know what I am going to say, and may hit the "delete" button; I understand.  I just hope and pray that you never do this with those most "familiar" Bible passages.

"You...set me before Your face forever."  The NASB says, "You...set me in Your presence forever."  And, yes, I'll say it again and again.  Anyone in whom Jesus Christ lives need never talk of coming "into His presence."  We live there; He in me, and I in Him.  Right now, with that "smart phone," before your computer, iPad or whatever, you are not alone, not abandoned, though at times this feeling may come over you, even overwhelm you.

Believe Jesus today.  Jesus is the, "Faithful and True."  Jesus is, "The Word of God," the One of Whom Paul wrote to Titus, "....in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began."  There is is; "God... cannot lie...," He just cannot.  God tells us that Satan is, "the father of lies."  We can say, however, with absolute accuracy, "God is the Father of Truth."

Each day as I read the "God-Breathed" Words, there is always some Word which Jesus seems to emphasize to me; today it was our text; hence, "....You set me in Your presence forever."  This promise is, before time began and after time will cease; that's what, "forever," means.  Now my mind cannot "get around" this.  But I accept Jesus and His Words; I receive Jesus and His Words, and, I enjoy Jesus and This Word------ Blessed Presence, Blessed Ever Present One.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I can never thank You enough that, "You set me in Your presence------------- FOREVER."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive