Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 18, 2014

"Eye Witnesses of His Majesty"

"Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus." (Matthew 17:3, NIV)

Peter told us in his second epistle, "We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain."  This is testimony.  This is a personal "experience," a personal encounter with God.  Man can argue, try to explain, try to reason, but it cannot match, "We ourselves heard this voice...."

What have you "heard" today?  What is your testimony?  I think most of us struggle with being witnesses to Jesus because we attempt to use someone else's formula.  Jesus spoke to my heart many years ago, "Fish in the waters of your testimony."  In other words, Don't use copycat methods and wordings to share your encounter with Jesus; it will sound and come off as stale bread.

"For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty."  I believe you, Peter.  I have absolutely no reason not to.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I long to have you perfect in me, "I will make you fishers of men."  Amen.
************************
"How To Win in Gaza," Carolyn Glick:  jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive