Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Forty Year Old "Vision"

"And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him."  (Matthew 17:3)

I had a "vision" of this encounter about 40 years ago, okay, maybe a better word would be "picture."  Regardless, it was so vivid, as though I were there with them.  In a real sense, I was.  I have often wished that I could describe it to an artist who could paint it.  There are passages like this all through Scripture, passages which give us a glimpse into, perhaps we could say, another dimension.  Eternal life means that our fundamental "dimension" is not time/space, but the Fifth Dimension, Eternity. 

Obviously our text is not describing an every day, time/space occurrence.  Yet three people, fishermen-businessmen by trade, were privileged to observe this.  When I "saw" this in my mind, it gave me a greater, a "larger" perspective of just what you and I are about.  The older I get, the more wonderment I have about everything Church, everything Kingdom, everything God.  I grasp so very, very little.  Our text is an "open curtain" into even more wonderment.

Luke tells us of the encounter in our text that Moses and Elijah, "appeared in glory and spoke of His (Jesus') decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem."  Even the wording is a blessing to me.  Moses knew this would happen.  Elijah, generations later, knew this would happen.  It was not a surprise to them.  They, as Abraham, "rejoiced to see My day, and [they] saw it and [were] glad."  Perhaps they were now even more, "glad."  The day was near, the day of finality, the day of, "It is finished!" was about to be, "FINISHED!"

Whatever this day is bringing you and me, we are products of, "It is finished!"  That of which Jesus, Moses and Elijah spoke together, what the disciples were privileged to overhear, you and I are the "amazing-grace" recipients.  We can say with Moses and Elijah in the words of the song, "I am my Lord's, and He is mine."  We are forgiven, "accepted in the Beloved," our Glorious Lord Jesus Christ.  We are the true "time-travelers," yea, more than that, Eternity-Travelers.

Father, in Jesus' Name,--------------- Glorious.  Amen.
*******************
World events perspective which you will not hear in over 95% of media @:  jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive