Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, April 25, 2014

April 27 & 28, Holocaust Remembrance-- "Never Again"?

"'They have greatly oppressed my from my youth,' let Israel say; 'they have greatly oppressed me from my youth....'" (Psalm 129)

http://www.worldwar02.com/wp-content/uploads/dachau-memorial-sculpture-dachau-germany.jpg
SCULPTURE AT DACHAU CONCENTRATION CAMP

Site of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Execution (Sarah, our two daughters and I were there in 1999)

Holocaust Remembrance is observed from Sunday evening, April 27 to Monday evening, April 28.  There may be marches and/or remembrance services in your area of your country.  We have been involved in the Pittsburgh March of Remembrance directly since 2011.  While we remember the six million+ Jews who were murdered by the Germans, we must also remember that there were millions of others also murdered by the German Nation, a nation of nearly 67 million people which, as William Shirer said, "descended into Hell in the mid Twentieth Century."  There are many numbers given as to the death count in Europe as well as the whole world during World War 2.  The truth is, no one knows how many.  Many in Dachau alone were never documented.  I repeat Winston Churchill's famous statement, "Man has improved himself every way except morally."

Just two days ago Hamas and the PA signed a "unity accord."  Any who think "never again" means that the enemies of the Living Triune God and His People have gone out of business, had better wake up to reality.  The desire and attempts to kill Jews and see the total destruction of the State of Israel is as alive today as it was over 80 years ago in Germany.  But while the Jews and the Nation of Israel are still under threat of murder and attempted annihilation, while the persecution and attempted genocide of Followers of Jesus is still alive in many parts of the globe, the Psalm 129 tells us of the faithfulness to His People everywhere and throughout history of, "the Great King," our Lord Jesus Christ, "....BUT THEY HAVE NOT GAINED THE VICTORY OVER ME." 

So too is the promise to you and me as individuals.  Whatever you face today, remember this great promise is just as much for you, "But they have not gained the victory over me."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for Your great faithfulness to me: My enemies, "have not gained the victory over me."  Amen. 
**********************
Yesterday the US Administration seemed shocked by the PA and Hamas "deal."  I will not say what I am tempted to say, but you can read more about it at:     jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive