Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

In Jesus Christ There Is No Tottering, No Shaking, No Slipping

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved," literally, "totter, shake, slip."  (Psalm 55:22)

The word for, "cast," means, "throw, fling." 
Go ahead today; "cast (throw, fling) your burden on the Lord Jesus Christ," right now, right there, in the midst of whatever.  In other words, get rid of it.  It is not yours; it is Jesus Christ's.  Matthew 11 tells us that Jesus later told humanity, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden."  The word for, "heavy laden," is the same root word for, "my burden," of which He later speaks, "My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  It is as though Jesus is saying to humanity, "Exchange your burden for mine.  Mine is not like yours.  'For I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your soulsFor my yoke is easy and My burden is light.'"  Our burdens do not give us, "rest for your souls."  Neither are they, "easy and...light."  They weigh us down, immune to all man's attempts to lighten them, to get rid of them.

What a "close" to my Psalm reading today.  The day before me, not knowing what the day will bring, and Our Father in Jesus, Word of the Father, speaks His invitational, comforting Word.  He is saying right now the same Word to you, no matter what your time zone, no matter what the circumstance in which you are reading this, The Blessed Trinity, "shall never permit the righteous to be moved"--------------------to totter, to shake, to slip." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You for, "He shall sustain you," that You, "shall never permit [me] to be moved."


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive