Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Carried From the Womb"

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry youI have made and I will bear; I will carry and will save." (Isaiah 46:3, 4-- ESV)

This is from yesterday's Psalm reading.  Now some people believe their birth was a mistake, the will of unsaved parents, some out of wedlock.  The phrase, "Why was I ever born," is uttered by many people in the earth throughout their lifetime.  But suppose their birth was just a result of unsaved people, whether married or not.  I think our text could be saying to them that at the moment of conception The Living Triune God took up their case, and every person who every lived, is alive now, or yet to be born can be the recipient of the promise, "even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you....I will carry and will save."

I don't believe this is taking our text out of context.  Biblical Theology reveals that indeed God, "is no respecter of persons."  How they got here or how they enter this life does not surprise God nor confuse Him as to how to take a human life and bring that life out of loneliness, bitterness, and despair to Himself in Jesus Christ and into, "His Glorious Kingdom.
"  Peter realized this when he encountered the Roman army officer, Cornelius.  When Peter told the Jews, who were upset with him going into the house of a Gentile, what had happened to Cornelius and his friends when they heard of Jesus, they responded with, "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life."  He indeed, "has also."

So now, my friend, I believe I can say of certainty that you, "have been borne by [The Blessed Trinity] from before your birth, carried from the womb."  And today I wish to remind you that, "even to your old age
[Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit] am He, and to gray hairs [He] will carry you.  [He has] made, and [He] will bear; [He] will carry and will save."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for your bearing and carrying and saving.  Amen.
*********************
I will be sharing about the North Korean Mission with Covenant Church East, May 19, during the 10:00 service.  We will allow time for questions.    


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive