Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 1, 2013

Prayer of a Warrior-King

"Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have purposed to make my steps stumble."  (Psalm 140:4)

Knowing the situation in the part of the world to which I will be going, I prayed Psalm 140 yesterday
with particular emphasis.  I would suggest, if you will be praying for me on the upcoming mission, that you pray this psalm for me.

I also suggest it as a good prayer for yourself and family, your local church, business, nation.  Yes, it is that powerful.  If this seems like a warrior prayer; it is.  David has been referred to as a "shepherd-king."  Well, he was also a giant-slayer king, a warrior, and, my friend, the Bible tells us explicitly in places and in general throughout that we are at war, "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devilFor we...wrestle against...principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places Therefore take up the whole armor of God...."  According to Ephesians 6, "take...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit," are the attack weapons of those who follow Jesus Christ.  You and I cannot go wrong if we use the, "weapons," which Jesus gives.

Some people in their moral pomposity believe many of the Biblical prayers are just too violent for them.  Apparently their morality is superior to Jesus Christ; theirs is a sick religion.  "Therefore take up," Psalm 140 today.  The Blessed Trinity is not vindictive as man is.  He is Love, Compassion, Just, "Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace," and, as the Bible says, "The Lord is a Man of war."  Now go in His Most Wonderful Name and Power.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle." (Psalm 140:7)
*****************************
I will be on Cornerstone Television today at 13:00hrs with a Holocaust survivor.  Appreciate prayers.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive