Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 17, 2013

"The King...Invisible"

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and everAmen." (1 Timothy 1:15)

King Jesus is, "Eternal, immortal, invisible,..alone...wise."  He does and will have, "honor and glory forever and ever."  This great "worship session" came just after Paul said, "Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief."  If he is, "chief," what does that make me (rhetorical)?  No matter; "Jesus Christ came...to save sinners."  We're all included in this, "so great a salvation."


We may think we understand the, "Eternal, immortal," but do we appreciate, "....The King... invisible"?  If Jesus were "visible," He would not be there with you and here with me at the same time.  John 16:7 tells us, "Nevertheless I tell you the truthIt is to your advantage (for your good, expedient) that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper/Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you."  This time/space language is necessary for us time/space people.  Now, in the Holy Spirit, if we are walking in, trusting in, depending upon Jesus Christ, the Living Triune God is there with and in you and here, with and in me.  It is necessary for the Church; it is necessary for the world; it is necessary for you and me that, "the King eternal, immortal," be, "invisible."  Now do not let some of those "presence" people make you think they have a corner on "presence."  The Presence of the Living God is not dependent on location, on "anointing," on spirituality, on "He-is-here-because-we-are-better."  Right now, no matter where you may be reading this, or here as I write, Jesus Is.  You there, me here may feed on His Presence, Who Alone is, "the Bread of the Presence"------------ "The King...invisible."  
    

I am feasting right now; are you?  You may and can because of, "the Helper/Comforter," His Blessed Majesty, the Holy Spirit.  In a car?  in an office?  in a kitchen?  in the midst of confusion, bewilderment, conflict?--  no matter.  Rest assured; Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit is in that situation, that place with and in you, "Jesus answered and said to him, 'If a man loves me, he will keep my word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make our home with (literally, 'in the presence of') him."  Do you see, "....We will...make our home in the presence of him"?!?  That includes you and me, my friend.  For you and me right now, in the midst of whatever, is, "The Bread of His Presence," Jesus Christ.  The Blessed Trinity loves us, Father in Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit is reassuring us today of the greatest Truth in the Universe, "We...make Our home in the presence of," all who follow and trust Him.

Father, in Jesus' Name, what more can I say?  "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and everAmen."
************************
*The truth
about so many in modern American Culture: www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com
*Please pray for me this coming Saturday, January 19 as I go to Washington, DC


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive