Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Visit Our Facebook Page to "Meet The Harmonica Man"

"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

This is a familiar Advent text.  The "main" emphasis of, "Savior," has been always, "for He will save His people from their sins," and, "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness."  This reality is fundamental, preeminent.  Yet, as you know, the word for "Savior" and "Salvation" mean salvation of the total life, literally, to "save, heal, preserve, rescue."  At this Christmas Season, a person like the man in the video below manifests a little at least of these characteristics.  He should be an inspiration to us all. 

Complaining is an open wound for some; the proud keep it to themselves, so as not to reveal their weaknesses.  Some people won't do much unless it is something "great" or praiseworthy, as in praise-to-me.  "Harmonic Man" reveals what desperation can do, yes, desperation.  All the surgeries, all the medicines, then, "Hey, enough of this; I'm going to give myself away."  I should be more like this.  I am in better physical shape than "Harmonica Man."  I am the same age as "Harmonica Man."  Yet I don't live in a motor home; I have not had nine heart operations, and do not take 15 different medicines.  What is my excuse?  What about you?

I call you and me to a "review" of our lives during this Christmas Season.  You and I are important, vitally important to Jesus Christ, otherwise He would not have died for you and me.  The angel told Joseph to name Him Jesus, which means, Savior.  He saves; He keeps.  There should be and is something of His saving "nature" in us.  There should be in me the heart of the Savior, the desire to save people, deliver people, preserve people, comfort people, encourage people.  This is the Jesus we see as He walked the Galilee.  The world should see Him in you and me as we walk our "Galilee."
  Yes, as the Four Spiritual Laws says, He does have a plan for your life.  Are we realizing His Plan for us?
 
May this Christmas season see you and me fulfilling the call to, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men," yes, but something more.  "'Follow Me, and I will make you,' well, like Me."  Maybe He even makes people a little like "Harmonica Man." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to have something of "Harmonica Man" in me.  Amen.









Blog Archive