Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 16, 2012

What Comfort in Such Few Words

"....When I begin, I will also make an end." (1 Samuel 3:12, KJV)

The context is a declaration of judgment on the house of Eli.  Yet the concluding statement, which is our text, is fundamental Biblical Truth.

Our Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit always, " make an end," of what He begins.  Biblical hermeneutics "experts" might object, but I have taken as our text only the last part of verse 12.  This is proper, because it reveals Biblical Theology.  What Jesus Christ, "The Alpha and the Omega," starts in our life, in the Kingdom journey throughout world history, "when I begin, I will also make an end."  Jesus is the God of the before and the after.  Too many forget the "before," and none of us knows fully the "after"----------------- but our Living Triune God, who cleared up all the confusion of man as to Who He is in Jesus Christ, Is Himself, "the beginning and the end," or, "I will also make an end."

Today I take such great comfort in Jesus Christ.  Seeing Jesus, we see Father, we see the Blessed Trinity in all His Majesty and Glory.  Can you not hear Him saying to you today, "When I begin, I will also make an end."

Father, in Jesus' Name and in Jesus Christ alone, I speak with Thee.  What comfort in such few Words.  But that is You.  Amen.
***********************
Beware of Amnesty International!:   www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive