Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 16, 2012

When Grief Appears: Got Word?

"My soul weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your word." (Psalm 119:28, NASB)

My dear friend in Jesus Christ: You need not be afraid today; you need not weep with no hope of relief, deliverance, and strength to go on.  He is here, Jesus, Lord of Sabaoth, King of kings, Lord of lords, Ruler, Sustainer of the Universe.  Yes, this is Jesus; this is, "The Word of God," the One Who has always, "strengthen[ed] me according to [His] Word."  His Word promises so much which you and I simply cannot fathom.  Our journey together through this most strengthening of literature may at times seem laborious to some, "but to us who are being saved, it (the Cross, He, His Word) is the very power of God."

Do not ignore today That and He Who is the only Strength when, "My soul weeps because of grief."  Take a moment, during that lunch break, while waiting for an appointment or someone, to experience, "strengthen me according to Your word."  There is no one and nothing like, "Your word," never has been, never will be, "world without end."  We can say with the song writer that Jesus is "a friend," the One Who alone can, "all our sins and griefs to bear."  And, I can say with the writer, "Oh the peace we often forfeit, Oh, the needless pain we bear," not only because "we do not carry everything to God in prayer," but because we do not allow Him to, "strengthen me according to Your word."  Do not let forfeited peace and "needless pain" allow grief to triumph in your life.  If I can promise anything to anyone today, it is that Jesus Christ will indeed, "strengthen me (you) according to Your (His) word." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, You have done our text in me so wonderfully, powerfully, consistently, eternally.  Thank You.  Amen.
****************************
You may find this difficult to believe: www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive