Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 23, 2012

Who Are, "My Anointed Ones"?

"Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:15)

God will deal with all those who disobey this command.  We can, however, take another lesson from our text.  "'Touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets' [good]."  

"The Word of God," our Lord Jesus Christ, loves and cares for His People.  If He reigns in me, I will do the same.  Any time we invest in, pray for, "touch...and do...prophets," good, Father smiles upon us.  It is incumbent upon us, though, to keep in mind in this age of bishops, apostles, and "super apostles," that, "My anointed ones," are not just people who "get paid" to be such, i.e., "full-time" people.  Any person in whom Jesus Christ lives is a part of, "My anointed ones."  

Too many times religious people associate "anointing" with powerful preaching, smooth-mouthed teachers, "deeply spiritual" leaders, or, "Wow, what great revelation and power," and show little respect, if any, for "common" fellow Believers.  The Bible tells us there is an anointing upon all who Follow Jesus Christ, and we would all be the wiser if we would listen also to those who do not carry the tags.

John was writing to all Followers of Jesus when he penned, "As for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.  But as His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him."  The, "anointing teaches You," and me to, "remain in him."  If you want to discern, "the anointing," which is, "His anointing," look for those who, "remain in Him."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I realize that Your, "anointed ones," are not just "full time" ministers.  Show me more and more opportunities to "touch" your anointed ones wherever and whenever I can.  Amen.
*****************
Lady Gaga, gaga Replaces Serious History Studies
at American Universities: www.apf327.blogspot.com
Unreached Peoples:          www.unreachedpeoples.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive