Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Extravagant Love

"....A woman came to Him having an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil, and she poured it on His head as He sat at the table." (Matthew 26:7)

We then read that the "communists" around that table said, "Why this waste?" I wonder if they would have said what they did if they only realized in Whose Presence they were, as if Jesus were insensitive to, "the poor."  This was love, appreciation, thanksgiving and worship, "poured on His Head."

Only the people who know Jesus can understand, "Why this waste?"!!  To you and me this is no waste, no waste in anything we do to and for Jesus Christ, no waste in worship, prayer, serving and caring for people, loving neighbor as ourselves-------no waste.  Nothing of love, affection, thanksgiving, worship is too extravagant for Jesus, of Whom Titus 2:14 tells us, "....gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."  You and I are a part of, "His own special people"; think of it, "His own special people."  This is not humanistic "special people"  This is Divine, "Own special people."   

The physical body of our Lord is not "here" today, and we have no oil to pour on His Head.  But Jesus said, "It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you."  Yet each day you and I have ample opportunities to pour oil on the Head of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We pour, "fragrant oil on His Head," by prayerful worship, feeding in and obeying His Words, "go and do thou likewise," to humanity, and, "inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethrenyou did it to Me."

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me today to see the many opportunities to open my, "alabaster flask."  Amen.     
****************
Read: Iraq is "Breaking Apart": www.apf327.blogspot.com
Unreached People Group: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive