Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 8, 2011

"The Redemption of Jerusalem"


"At that very moment she came up and began giving thanks to God, and continued to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem." (Luke 2:28, NASB)

I was on bus 7 today, a transfer from the bus I used to visit the Knesset.  Sitting next to me was a young Orthodox Jew, Luke 2 was playing on my ipod; I aimed the speaker at him. 

When this passage came, I found it quite a start.  I, probably like most, always thought it said, "redemption of Israel," but it does not.  It says, "looking for the redemption of Jerusalem," the Capitol of Israel always, "the City of the Great King."  Jesus came to redeem mankind, to save us from our sins, bring us into the Government of God, the family of God.  The Prophetess, Anna, made this prophesy which was fulfilled in the Baby right before her, and whose coming we are in the season of celebrating.  Because of Jesus, Jerusalem is my home too, "And all nations will flow to it."

I'm heading out to share in a Bible Study.  If you receive this soon, please keep me and the group in prayer.  Please see the article by Carolyn Click at: www.apf327.blogspot.com
Obama, Clinton, and Pannetta are revealing themselves to be the new "Axis of Evil."  I am deeply concerned for the United States of America if fools elect this administration to another term.  You cannot be blessed and curse Israel at the same time.

Father, in Jesus' Name, please give the United States of America a President who has surrendered his life to Jesus Christ and loves your Words.  Amen.
*************
www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com ;

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive