Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One Eye On the Past and One Eye on the Future

"Truth shall spring out of the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven." (Psalm 85:11)

There is a lot of trumped up, false, hypocritical, and deceptive criticism about Presidential hopeful, Newt Gingrich's statement on the wrongly named palestinians.  His statement was true; palestinians "are an invented people."

I majored in history in the university and the history of doctrine in graduate school.  Those majors have served me well.  They have enabled me to spot fraudulent claims of modern politicians, religionists, pseudo- everythings coming out of Hollywood, and any other source of distortion and lies.  I repeat what Brother Charles once said, "If you don't have a sense of history, you cannot go on," i.e., go on in truth and discernment. 

There is a very real sense than when, "Truth shall spring out of the earth... righteousness shall look down from heaven."  Where there is no truth, there can be no righteousness.  Falsehood will beget unrighteousness, and God's rejection.  It only when I get honest with myself that I will come to Jesus Christ, Who is, "The Lord our Righteousness."  It is only the people absolutely surrendered to Jesus Christ who can recognize honesty, the truth, and escape the deception which is increasing and will over take the earth in, "the last days."  History is truth and is not affected by those who try to rewrite it; it is done.  And in its finality it is a witness of, "Truth."  May God help us to learn from it. 

I have heard a lot of people say over the years say that history bores them.  If you are among them, I highly suggest a conversion.  History is fundamental and, yes, foundational to every aspect of our lives.  The Bible is history, and history, my friend, is not a bad word.  What I just wrote is in the realm of history now and affects what I write next.  Our heritage, our faith is history affecting our future.  America is where it is today, and where it may yet go, because it has ignored its history.  When that happens, any people group and/or person is headed for disaster.  All testimonies are historic proofs of Christ's faithfulness.  Okay, I guess by now you get the point.  What you and I learn from the past will enable us to navigate the surging rapids of the river ahead.  "Truth," and, "Righteousness," await the, "Pure in heart."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I embrace the past because it is a witness to Your Faithfulness.  Maybe I can say, Help me to keep one eye on the past and one eye on the future.  Amen.
**************
Interview with Daniel Pipes on the "invented people" remark of Gingrich and Daniel Pipes article at:                               www.apf327.blogspot.com
Unreached Peoples of the Day:       www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
(if clicking on this does not work, just enter it in your search bar)

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive