Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"To...All the Kingdoms of the World...."

"For thus says the LORD God of Israel to me: 'Take this wine cup of fury from My hand, and cause all the nations to whom I send you, to drink it...; and all the kingdoms of the world which are on the face of the earth.'" (Jer. 25)

When I read our text earlier this month, I realized the scope of the call of Jesus Christ to the Church.  Jeremiah was not just sent to Israel, the Covenant People.  If you read the whole of chapter 25, you will see that the command to Jeremiah is the same as the Great Command of Jesus Christ to you and me, "all the kings of the north, far and near; and all the kingdoms of the world which are on the face of the earth."
  

Jeremiah was not sent only to Israel, and you and I are not sent only to the Church or our local municipalities.  Our Lord Jesus sends us to, "the nations" (Mt 28), to, "Go into all the world" (Mk 16), "that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all the nations" (Lk 24), and to, "feed My lambs.... Tend My sheep....Feed My sheep," no geography is prioritized.  None of the foregoing is separate from, "all the kings...far and near; and all the kingdoms of the world which are on the face of the earth."  One of the greatest hinderances to the fulfillment of this command is that most fivefold ministries work as isolated services.  This is not Biblical.  According to the Bible, Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, rather than exclusive individualists, are called to be a synergism in the Church which manifests, "the salt of the earth," and, "the light of the world," far, far more powerfully than individuals.

I have been in over 20 countries in my life.  I have felt as though I was, "sent," and in that sending I never felt as though I was just fulfilling some "unique call."  I was one representative among many of the Church of Jesus Christ, serving Jesus Christ, "into all the world."  Now you may be sitting there and thinking, "What have I done; where have I gone; what is my commission?"--------------- the same.  Manifestations of our service to Jesus, His Church, His Kingdom and the nations will vary, but right there, right around you is a "starting" point.  Jesus is calling you and me with the same words found in Acts 13:47, "For so the Lord has charged us, saying, I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles (Greek, ethnos, people groups) that you may bring [eternal] salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that you see no "separation of church and state" or anything, for that matter.  May my eyes be the same.  Amen.
***********************
New Articles at:  www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive