Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 20, 2011

"....Your Eyes Shall...See"

"Only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked." (Psalm 91:8)

As I sat alone in a room at the Leningrad Airport, awaiting police questioning, I was thankful for our text committed to memory.  Now I know there are many "words" in the life of one who Follows Jesus Christ which don't seem to be answered or fulfilled---------------------- yet.  But this one was.

Prior to our text for today, we read, "He is my refuge and fortress....He shall deliver you from the snare (trap) of the fowler (trapper)....Under His wings you shall take refuge....You shall not be afraid of"------ well, basically, anything.  I was not.  Yet my, "not...afraid of," was not of my own doing; I was not even cognizant of the Words.  The only thing they had to do with me was Jesus Christ and His Words in me.  And, just a few years later, in 1989, I witnessed, "the reward of the wicked," the destruction of that, "wicked Haman," communism.  As we keep our eyes open today, we just may discover other fulfilled words all around us.   

Every day you and I are in a world full of traps and trappers----- but we are also in a world of, "He Who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."  Now, as did the psalmist, "say of the Lord" Jesus Christ all of these Psalm 91 promises, say them until you believe them--- then you will keep saying them and living in them, whether you face, "the terror by night," or, "the arrow that flies by day," or, "the pestilence that walks in darkness," or, "the destruction that lays waste at noonday."  And because You and I are in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ in us, I can say assuredly to you, "a thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you."   

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that too many times I overlook Your fulfilled Words in my daily life.  Thank You, Holy Spirit, for Your fresh "breeze" as I read Your Words.  Amen.
***************
Read of Planned Muslim Attack on Reichstag and Saudi Threats to the US and Israel:     Type in your search bar,      apf327.blogspot

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive