Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Whoever Is Wise Will...."

"Whoever is wise will observe these things, and they will understand the lovingkindness of the LORD." (Psalm 107:43)

The wise "observe these things, and...will understand."  The NASB says the wise, "give heed to these things and consider (literally, "discern")."  Fools, on the other hand, "observe these things," they even may, "discern," them, but instead choose Evolution, Communism, Biblical Higher Criticism, New Age, and justification for all manner of disobedience over what they have observed---------------- and live in hopelessness and despair.

There have been for generations now, especially in America, even among Christians, those who deep down believe that all the smart people, "the wise," are the agnostics, the atheists, the humanists, CNN, MSNBC, BBC pundits, the ones who seem to be able to best express themselves.  Our text and the rest of the "God-Breathed" Word say otherwise.  Biblical intelligence is in the obedient ones, the ones who, "observe, consider, give heed to (obey) these things."  These intelligent ones have come to surrendered obedience to Jesus Christ, love Jesus Christ, are those whose lives are totally given to Jesus Christ, His Kingdom, and the Eternal Purpose of, "The Godhead."

Yesterday I had a most moving experience--- "Our friend Lazarus sleeps; but I go that I may awake him out of sleep."  I wept.  To the fool, this is nonsense; to me, it was the very, "power of God," Himself.  The power, the absolute power of Jesus' Words, simple, short, direct.  "The Gospel is the power of God," because the Gospel is, "The Word of God," Himself, Jesus.  Now Fools also, "observe these things," the same things as you and I (Romans 1).  The difference?  You and I, "observe, consider, understand, give heed to (obey) these things."  

1. Open my eyes, that I may see 
glimpses of truth thou hast for me;
place in my hands the wonderful key 
that shall unclasp and set me free. 
2. Open my ears, that I may hear
voices of truth thou sendest clear; 
and while the wavenotes fall on my ear, 
everything false will disappear.
	 3.	Open my mouth, and let me bear  	gladly the warm truth everywhere;  	open my heart and let me prepare  	love with thy children thus to share.  	
		(Chorus after each verse):  Silently now I wait for thee,  	ready, my God, thy will to see.  	Open my heart, illumine me, Spirit divine!
  When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive