Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Please No Discussion About Christianity"


Dry Bones caroon

"....to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you." (Galatians 2:5)

In one of the articles which I sent today to our Blog at:  www.apf327.blogspot.com
there is a "reply" from a Jew which includes a rant against Jesus.  I couldn't help myself, so I replied to him.  "Hey, Mark, why is it so difficult to believe that God would reveal Himself in human flesh.  Would that disturb your comfortable belief about God?"  After I pressed the "comment" icon, the site on which I posted my comment said, "awaiting moderation."  Now I know that most sites do this, and the intention.  I note, however, my comment was not posted and probably won't be because of the author's earlier response to someone else's comment---------  "Please no discussion about Christianity."  

"Awaiting moderation."  This is what most people want out of life, and this is what most politicians and media pundits love to call, "mainstream"------ and, this is why Followers of Jesus Christ are pariahs in their respective cultures.  The reality is that for citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven/God there is no place for a "moderate" religious person, because there is no "moderation" in Jesus Christ, nor any of the Biblical writers who, as Peter says, "spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit," ore, as one translation says, "spoke from God."  The only reason we have, and most people want, "moderation" is that nobody then has to really believe anything, no one has to really, in the depths of the sense, sacrifice one's comfortableness and acceptance in society or life in general.  It is why democracy is so popular; everyone can believe what he wishes.  As the interviewee once put it, "I'm my own church."

Charles Finney, in his lectures on Revival, said that people who don't want to be thought of as fanatical forget "a first principle in religion, that all the world is wrong!" (emphasis his).  If you and I do not maintain this most striking, most unacceptable, most politically incorrect statement, we will never be victorious in life.  The war against the Church, or Israel, or any nation is not being waged by moderates.  Only radicals, fanatics win wars.  "I'm going to turn these men into razors, fanatics.  They'll lose their fear of the Germans.  I just hope to God they never lose their of me." (Patton)

Father, in Jesus' Name, "I hope to [You I] never lose [my] fear of [You].  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive