Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not Quite Through Yet

 "....the good things to come...."  (Hebrews 10:1
 
This verse just keeps staying with me.  I want to be clear, however, that I have not been implying, "the good things to come," are a sort of "Jesus plus" theology.  There is just nothing more than, nothing beyond Jesus Christ, "Alpha and Omega."  But there is more of everything, "to come," more than we can know now, perhaps ever, awaiting the Faithful Follower of Jesus Christ.  How pathetic are the people who have lost the, Really? in their eyes, the people who already know all there is to know, who talk of belief in God as though their finite mind has a grasp of the Almighty, no wonder, no awe, no, "And when I saw him, I fell at His feet as dead."
 
I have shared before that the last words my grandfather said on his bed-of-passing from this life were, "The other side is looking better;" that was 42 years ago this month.  I have never known anyone more full of the Living Triune God, so kind, sensitive, etc., than Thomas Barnette.  I still have the small New Testament he kept rolled up with a rubber band around it in his lunch box, the one he kept with him during all those years as an engineer for the B & O Railroad. 
 
What Tom Barnette gave me on that cold, snowy day in February, 1969, was the "last will and testament" of a great old saint to one of his grandsons.  He saw what I pray and hope yet to see of, "the good things to come."  What I saw on his face was not a big smile, but rather a smile of, "My Lord and My God!"  It was not only a smile of "recognition," but of also of childlike, REALLY?!?  It was a smile of, "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name,
"Finish then they new creation
Pure and spotless let us be;
Let us see they great salvation,
Perfectly restored in thee,
Changed from glory into glory,
Till in heaven we take our place,
Till we cast our crowns before thee,
Lost in wonder, love, and praise!"  Amen.
*************************
* Blog Sites:  
Explaining Our Commitment to Berlin: www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
News, Commentary:  www.apf327.blogspot.com
Jerusalem Watch:     www.apfjw.blogspot.com
Devotional Archive:   www.apfdevotionals.blogspot.com   
* Please pray for our upcoming Mission, March 25-April 25 
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, heard "the call to evangelize China, that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
(Hebrews 12:2)

Blog Archive