Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 24, 2011

"Convenient Time"?

"Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, 'Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you.'" (Acts 24:25)

In our text, Paul was preaching about the moral life in Jesus Christ, life in the Kingdom of Heaven, the life of a, "new creation," in Jesus.  Felix' response was simply what we have all done when faced with soul-searching conviction, "When I have a convenient time I will call for you."  How many times that, "time," never came, and we missed a moment of opportunity which is gone forever. 

What "word" of the Lord Jesus Christ are you responding to with, "when I have a convenient time I will call for you." (?)  Nothing, I repeat, nothing in my life, no project, no personal devotions, quiet time, missions trip, good deed, time at the office, factory, church program, nothing, warrants or justifies, "when I have a convenient time I will call for you."  Whenever the Word of Jesus comes to me, "I have a convenient time," for nothing else.

Father, in Jesus' Name, if, "Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you," has ever been in me, I ask forgiveness.  I sinned against my own soul.  May, "Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears," every be in my heart.  Amen.
*****************************
Devotional Archive:   www.apfdevotionals.blogspot.com
News, Commentary at:  www. apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive