Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Who May Ascend into the Hill of the LORD or...Stand in His Holy Place?"

"Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!  Let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your tabernacle." (Psalm 43:3)

Daddy is ecstatic today because he heard the good news of his youngest daughter.  The ultra sound showed that everything "moved" to where it is supposed to be.  To those who have been praying for Jill, we say a hearty, thank you. 
Yet I know and you know that everything does not always turn out this way, which leads some to blame unfavorable "answers" on themselves, others, or, yes, even God Himself.  Others try to give great "pastoral" answers which many times, though commendable in their intent, really do not answer anything. 

Yet our text today gives great insight into the act of praying, communion, a life of, "Abide in Me," fellowship in the Blessed Trinity.  It is only, "Your light and Your truth," which will, "bring me to Your holy hill and to Your tabernacle," popularly referred to today as "His presence."  I just cannot know "the presence of God" without, "Your light and Your truth"----- goose bumps notwithstanding.  Without, "Your light and Your truth," i.e., Jesus Christ and His Words, I will begin the "fading" process---- deception first, then give up on praying, give up on "church," and eventually life itself. 

Have you ever noticed just how "real," how absolutely non religious are the prayers of the, "words of God"?  They are not full of catch phrases or trendy quotes of famous personages.  John said of Jesus, "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure," or, "for God gives the Spirit without limit."  When our Lord Jesus Christ baptizes us in the Holy Spirit, the only, "measure," or, "limit," to, "the words of God," is our obedience.

When I pray His words, I am praying the limitless reaches of the Godhead; I am praying His will.  I confess that there are probably many prayers which have gone contrary to what I wanted.  I also confess that those "contrary" answers may not have been God's plan or purpose for me, and, subsequently I may have missed something because of sin, unbelief, or whatever.  Nonetheless, I will continue to, "pray without ceasing"------------  "yes," "no," or "maybe" answers notwithstanding, because in such grace, I abide in His, "holy hill," His, "tabernacle." 

Father, in Jesus' Name,
"Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!  Let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to"---- You, and they will!  Amen.
**************************

 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive