Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, October 8, 2010

He Quieted the Storm on the Sea--And in "Many-a-Troubled Heart"

"Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, 'I am willing; be cleansed.'" (Matthew 8:3)

Here is the 8th chapter of Matthew.  Jesus heals many people; Jesus speaks of the cost of discipleship; "the winds and the sea obey Him;" Jesus delivers two demon possessed men from the power of Satan.  This is a classic "day-in-the-life-of." 

Jesus said that He came, "to seek and to save that which was lost."  The powerful deliverance of the human race at the cross, the empty tomb, and the ascension demonstrated the God Whom we serve.  "We were reconciled to God through the death of His Son."  It was Jesus on that cross for six agonizing hours, Blood spilling, parched tongue, pierced hands and side, thorn-crowed brow.  "I scarce can," no, I cannot "take it in."

Yet before the Cross, our text reveals what a "typical" day was like for our Lord Jesus as He walked this planet in human flesh.  Each day in His Galilean sojourn was filled with serving, giving, demonstrating the Love of the Godhead.  No one was beyond either his reach or his love.  "I am willing," is the great Covenant of the Blessed Trinity. 

Take this with you today, child of God.  Take this with you always, the, "I am willing," of Jesus, Savior, Lord, King.  Never doubt His, "I am willing;" never wonder if you "qualify."  The demon possessed, the Roman soldier, the leper--- what great examples of the love and willingness of Our Good Shepherd, "friend of sinners," to take care of His Flock, to serve people of faith.

Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive me for any time in my life I doubted Your, "I am willing."  Amen.
****************************
Be sure to read the revealing article on Islam at: www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive